The following changes were approved by the Union School Board on March 17, 2011:
1. Physics II has been added weighted course list.
2. The course Principles of Technology will now be titled Applied Physics.
3. Weighted course will receive additional value for students who earn a 75% or
High School Grade Scale
For Graduation Purposes:
1. Valedictorian and Salutatorian will continue to be determined by the highest
Grade Percentage Average in 9th
2. High Honors criteria has been modified to reflect the new weighted grade scale,
93-100%. Honors criteria has been modified to reflect the new weighted grade
scale 90% to 92.99%.
3. In addition to GPA, students must successfully complete 5 honors courses to
qualify for High Honors or Honor recognition for graduation.
4. Trigonometry is no longer on the list of honors courses due to not being
1. The new weighted system and honors requirements will be applied to 7th
grade in the 2011-2012 school year. 10th
grades will continue in the current
2. The new grade scale will be in effect for 7th
grade starting 2011-2012.
1. All extracurricular groups and activities will now be held to eligibility standards.
2. A new eligibility standard added: if a student is failing the same subject for 2
consecutive weeks they would become ineligible for the following week.
2011-2012 Weighted Course List
Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Honors English 10, 11 & 12, Chemistry II, Biology II, and