Every child is unique and learns in different ways. We believe all students learn best in an environment that reflects and encourages a respect for human differences and when...
- All educational relationships are collaborative and mutually respectful;
- Schools provide a safe and secure environment;
- There is a shared responsibility for excellence in learning among students, parents, educational staff, and community;
- All students are academically challenged, inspired to grow socially and emotionally, and encouraged to develop a healthy lifestyle;
- Education is valued as a lifelong process;
- We incorporate and effectively utilize all available resources (technological, human, financial) to enhance and stimulate learning.
Since your child has been identified as mentally gifted and in need of special education, his/her educational needs will be guided by a written Gifted Individualized Educational Program (GIEP). Your knowledge of your child is both long term and broad-based. This unique perspective equips you to serve as your child's on-going educational advocate. To effectively fill this role, your perceptions must be combined with information on available services, and an understanding of the function of a GIEP.